He is Risen!
“He is Risen!” is a wonderfully appropriate greeting for today. The response:
“He is Risen, indeed!”
These words are so sweet to all Christians.
Christians worldwide are rejoicing that good has conquered evil. Here is a quote for today from the Historic Lectionary, The Resurrection of Our Lord: Easter Dawn - John 20:1-18, by pastorjuhl ~ April 7th, 2009
The battle between good and evil is over. Victory belongs to good. Life has triumphed because the blood of the Lamb Who was slain has set free God’s people. They will never taste eternal death. Their earthly death will be as if they’ve fallen asleep.
The greatest work of the Lord is His resurrection from the dead. It took quite a while for the scene in John chapter twenty to sink into the disciples’ heads. Peter, the man whom 48 hours before denied knowing Jesus, was the second person to arrive at the empty tomb behind Mary Magdalene. She couldn’t believe the stone was rolled away from the opening to the tomb. She runs for Peter and John. John is first to arrive but allows Peter to go in first. Peter “saw the linen cloths lying there, and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself”.
Put your trust in the Lord
Today is a wonderful day to put those worries behind you. Put your trust in the Ultimate Ally. I came across this page without a title on the Web:
The message was very powerful. Here are several quotes:
- Do not place your trust in weapons. Jesus said: “All who take the sword will perish by the sword.” (Matthew 26:52).
- Do not place your trust in riches. “He who trusts in his riches will fall, But the righteous will flourish like foliage” (Proverbs 11:28).
- Do not place your trust in yourself. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:5,6).
- Do not place your trust in man or in governments. “It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in princes” (Psalm 118:8,9).
- Do not place your trust in words of men. “Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar” (Romans 3:4).
- You will be blessed if you trust in God. “Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him” (Psalm 2:12).
Have a wonderful day, filled with heavenly blessings and the deep peace of knowing that you are saved!
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.