MAJOR TROUBLE is brewing at the Barbados Investment & Development Corporation (BIDC). So serious is the situation that staffers are to meet with the National Union of Public Workers (NUPW) tomorrow where they will make representation for Government to remove BIDC board chairman Vere Browne from that position.
Who Is in Charge of the BIDC?
The new Board of Directors 2009 was appointed on January 9, 2009 by The Minister of Economic Affairs, Employment, Innovation, Trade, Industry and Commerce, Dr. David Estwick. (source BIDC)
- Mr. DeVere Browne Chairman
- Mr. Villeneurve Greaves Deputy Chairman
- Mr. Lewis Kirton
- Mr. Dave Stoute
- Mrs. Muriel Robertson
- Mr. Henderson Holmes
- Mr. Kevin Boyce
- Representative of the Barbados Workers’ Union (Mrs. Veronica Griffith)
- Representative of the Barbados Manufacturers’ Association (Mr. Ian Pickup)
Who Works at the BIDC?
BIDC STAFF EXECUTIVE TEAM (source BIDC)
- Mr. Wilbur T. (Basil) Lavine, Chief Executive Officer (ag.)
- Ms. Diana Brooks, Director - Administration
- Mr. Neville Rice, Manager - Property & Estates
- Mr. David Parris, Manager – Human Resources
- Ms. Monica Mason-Crichlow, Legal Officer and Board Secretary
ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT (EDD)
- Mr. James Campbell, Director
- Mr. Michael Bynoe, Manager - Entrepreneurial Development
- Mrs. Sandra Browne, Craft Development Coordinator
RESEARCH & INFORMATION SERVICES (RIS)
- Mrs. Sonja Trotman, Director (ag.)
- Ms. Fern Gooding, Manager (ag.)
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DIVISION
- Functions transferred to new agency, ‘Invest Barbados’; call (246) 626-2000 for more information.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN (BDD)
- Ms. Cora Clarke, Director
- Mr. Henderson Clarke, Manager - Business Development
- Mr. Michael Piggott, Manager - Design
BIDC 2008 Report is Fascinating
The 2008 report is an impressive document. Click on the table below to read it. The 2008 report shows a 20% overall contraction for the Barbados economy in 2007! Business was booming and Owen Arthur was in charge. Maybe things were’nt so rosy after all.